Selected Texts With Respect to Sex, Assault, Consent, and the Criminal Law
Supreme Court of Canada, Regina v. Labaye. The Supreme Court of Canada. Published by LexUM, in partnership with the Supreme Court of Canada, 301 Wellington Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0J1. Tel: (613) 995-4330. Fax: (613) 996-3063.
Law Commission, Consultation Paper 139, Consent in the Criminal Law. Crown copyright © (section 5.6). Published by The Office of Public Sector Information, The Copyright Unit, Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, Saint Clement’s House, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ, or Her Majesty’s Stationary Office, P. O. Box 276, London SW8 5DT. ISBN 0-11-730224-4. 21 pounds sterling.
The European Court of Human Rights, Case of Laskey, Jaggard, and Brown v. The United Kingdom (“Spanner,” in pdf format, original Wordperfect document or in text format). 109/1995/615/703-705, 19th. February, 1977.
The Home Office, Sexual Offences, Home Office Annual Report 1997. The Stationery Office, Cm 3608, Saint Clement’s House, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ, or Her Majesty’s Stationary Office, P. O. Box 276, London SW8 5DT. ISBN 0-10-136082-7, 20.50 pounds sterling.
The Home Office, Violence: Reforming the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, A Call for Views, 1998.
The Home Office, Offences Against the Person Bill, 1998.
The Home Office, Setting the Boundaries – Reforming the law on sex offences. The Stationery Office, Cm 3608, Saint Clement’s House, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ, or Her Majesty’s Stationary Office, P. O. Box 276, London SW8 5DT.
- Summary and Recommendations
- Volume 1: Reforming The Law on Sex Offences
- Volume 2: Supporting Evidence (this file is all the ten below, stitched together. Sorry about the red in the pdf. I could not find a way to make it green again.)
- Table of Contents, Index, and Appendices A and B
- Appendix A – Policy and principles of the review
- Appendix B – List of contributors to the review
- Appendix C – Sections 1 to 4
- Appendix C – The Law Commission policy paper Consent in Sex Offences, (parts 1-4)
- Appendix C – Sections 5 to 8
- Appendix C – The Law Commission policy paper Consent in Sex Offences, (parts 5-8)
- Appendix D1
- Appendix D1 – Literature review of research into rape and sexual assault: Professor Jennifer Temkin, University of Sussex
- Appendix D2
- Appendix D2 – Literature review of research into the law on sexual offences against children and vulnerable people: Dr Caroline Keenan and Lee Maitland, University of Bristol
- Appendix D3
- Appendix D3 – Appendix D3 Literature review of research on offences of sexual exploitation: Dr Maggie O’Neill, Staffordshire University
- Appendix D4 – Literature review of research into homosexual offences: Mrs E Frances Russell, University of Reading
- Appendices E, F, G, and H, sections 1 to 2
- Appendix E – Sex offences law in Australia and New Zealand – the impact of change
- Appendix F – Summary of South African Law Commission discussion paper on the substantive law of sex offences (April 1999)
- Appendix G – Information from other countries
- Appendix H1 – Report on a consultation seminar for legal practitioners
- Appendix H2 – Report of a consultation conference on the European Convention on Human Rights and its implications for sex offences
- Appendix H, Sections 3 to 5
- Appendix H3 – Report of a consultation seminar for Parliamentarians
- Appendix H4 – Report of a consultation conference on sex offences against children
- Appendix H5 – Report of a consultation seminar on rape and sexual assault
- Appendix H, Sections 6 to 9, and Appendices I, J and K
- Appendix H6 – Report of a consultation conference on the capacity to consent
- Appendix H7 – Report of a consultation seminar on abuse within the family seminar
- Appendix H8 – Report of a consultation seminar about trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Appendix H9 – List of delegates attending the sex offences review conferences and seminars
- Appendix I – Talking to children – a report of two visits to Rodborough School
- Appendix J – Number of offenders cautioned, defendants prosecuted at magistrates’ courts and convicted at all courts for specific sexual offences, England and Wales
- Appendix K – Bibliography